JohnAkecSouthSudan

Monday, March 31, 2008

Friend or Foe

John A. Akec
Written 10 October 2005
Friend or foe?
I can see the guilt in your eyes
Even as you hide behind your mask!
You steal,
You cheat,
You eat and wipe your mouth
But I can see the crumbs on your cheek

You plot
You hide by the way side
As the innocent drives along
You aim
You shoot
Innocent blood you shed
You clean your blood-soaked hands
But you are betrayed
By the clot on your nails
And by the smoking gun!

When we chat about things
That interest us most
You frown
You puff and huff
Yet no opinion you give
Day and night
My phones you tap
At dawn and midnight you ring my house
Hurriedly I respond to your call
Yet you said nothing
No hello
No name
No greetings
And off you go

When we meet again
You call me a friend!
Yet friend or foe
I can see the guilt in your eyes
Even as you hide behind your mask!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home